Let’s talk about Big and Squishy.
That’s the loving name I’ve given to my thick, green yoga mat. He perfectly supports my joints in everything from tabletop pose to planks.
I love Big and Squishy so much, I’ve adopted two of his family members and now own three of these mats. I get so many compliments on their bright colors and several yogi friends have pressed their fingers into my mat after class asking if it helps keep my knees happy.
Yes, it does!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I earn a small commission if you shop through them, which helps fund this website so I can continue to bring you amazing content. All opinions are my own.
Here’s the rundown on my favorite yoga mat from BalanceFrom:
- It has grip. This mat is a little tacky so you can stand firm in tree and warrior poses. The squishiness doesn’t make it hard to stand tall and balance.
- It’s cozy. The 1/2-inch thickness of this mat provides extra support for my wrists, knees and ankles. Sometimes I don’t use a blanket or extra pad, even though I have an inflammatory form of arthritis, because this mat is thick enough to provide extra comfort.
- It’s bold. I love the color options of this mat! I own green, pink and purple and plan to get more colors when it’s time for an upgrade.
- It’s cheap. If you’re just getting started with yoga and don’t want to invest a bunch of money, I’ve picked up this mat on sale for as low as $10. If you aren’t picky about colors, scroll through the options because they almost always have one color on deep discount.
- It blemishes. This mat retains dents and scratches. It will look beat up (I like to think loved and used) after a few months of daily use. My oldest mat is now my outdoor yoga mat because I don’t care if little pebbles get stuck on the backside or it gets grass stains.
- It’s not a lifer. The grip on the mat lasts maybe five or six months when used four to five times per week. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad, because I’ve only used one other mat and I think it lasted about a year before my feet started sliding in warrior pose.
- It’s big. When rolled up, this mat is twice as thick as other mats and can be bulky if you need to store it in a small space. I can’t imagine trying to travel with it through an airport.
Want to know more specifics? Browse the BalanceFrom Go Yoga Mat on Amazon to get more details and read other reviews.
Have questions? Comment below and I’d be happy to answer. I’m on my BalanceFrom mat at least four days a week!
Until Next Time,