Lunch has to be quick and easy. One of my go-to meals is an Asian-inspired tempeh dish brimming with broccoli. It has the salty-savory flavor of classic Chinese takeout without the added calories, sodium, MSG and cost!
This soy-based vegetarian meal comes together in less than ten minutes while you whip up some whole grain brown rice in a rice cooker. Easy!
Garlic Broccoli with Tempeh (Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)
Serving size: 1
- 3 oz. Lightlife Organic Flax Tempeh
- 1 cup broccoli, raw florets
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry whole grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Slice the tempeh into small, bite-size squares. Place them in a medium-high hot skillet with the coconut oil. Pan fry until lightly browned and crisp on each side. This will take about 2 minutes per side.
- Wash and chop the broccoli. Add the florets to the pan while they are still moist from washing. Sprinkle the garlic over the broccoli. Cover the pan with a lid, turn it to low-medium heat and allow the broccoli to steam for 5 minutes.
- Mix the broccoli, garlic and tempeh. Drizzle with Bragg Liquid Aminos. This salty condiment tastes similar to soy sauce. Serve the temeph and broccoli over a bed of brown rice.
How do you like to eat tempeh? Tell me in the comments below.
Until next time,
*This post originally appeared on my first foodie blog, Whole Foods Living.