I need to dust off my juicer. We used to have so much fun, but after a while, the excitement started to wane.
I love the taste and energy fresh-made juices give me, but the prep and clean up can be a hassle. Today: No more excuses. I’ve decided I need to make juicing fresh fruits and vegetables a priority.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I earn a small commission if you shop through them, which helps fund this website so I can continue to bring you amazing content. All opinions are my own.
Recently Robert Rose books sent me a copy of Juice Guru by Steve and Julie Prussack. Reading this book has given me a new outlook (um, kick in the pants!) on juicing. Here are six reasons you should consider dusting off your juicer!
- Start your day with several servings of fresh fruit and vegetables. Drink one homemade 24-32 ounce glass of juice each morning before you eat anything. Then, wait 20 minutes to have breakfast. This allows the nutrients to digest and absorb quickly, much like taking a multivitamin.
- Kick start your immune system. A flood of nutrients each morning is the perfect way to boost your immunity so you won’t get sick as often.
- Fresh juice increases your focus and energy. This means you can perform better at work, school or when participating in hobbies, such as sports.
- You can easily get a day’s worth of fresh produce in one glass via juicing. It’s tough to eat two apples, an orange, a cucumber and a few handfuls of kale for breakfast, but it’s easy to drink!
- Juice decreases hunger. Sometimes your body feels hungry because it’s starving for nutrition, not calories. Feed your body well, and you won’t have cravings as often.
- Juice can reduce inflammation in the body caused by chronic diseases. Try adding ginger, lemon, blueberries, pineapple and beets to your juice.
Do you drink fresh juice daily? Tell me why in the comments below. In the meantime, give this recipe from Juice Guru a try!
- 3 red apples, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 beet, halved
- 1 cup blueberries
Using a juicer, process half each of the apples, beet and blueberries. Following the same order, repeat with the remaining fruit. Whisk well and serve immediately.
Courtesy of Juice Guru: Transform Your Life with One Juice a Day by Steve Prussack & Julie Prussack © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
Until next time,
Disclosure: The book mentioned in this blog post was provided free of charge for promotional purposes.