Well, we all know what happens on birthdays, right? CAKE!
So, today is in fact my birthday (Woot! 21 again!) and I’m hoping at some point today I get to eat something ridiculously sinful and sweet.
Maybe cake. Or, cupcakes. Or, brownies. Even pie would be fabulous!
Through the years I’ve tried so many types of cake, and I really do like them all. But, I decided it might be fun to make a top ten list of my favorite flavors of cake.
10 Flavors of Cake That I Love
- Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and raspberry sauce
- White cake with English walnuts in the batter and white frosting
- Yellow or white cake drizzled with chocolate ganache
- White wedding cake filled with Bavarian cream
- Alton Brown’s homemade carrot cake recipe with cream cheese frosting
- Flourless chocolate cake with powdered sugar on top
- Individual chocolate lava cakes with gooey, runny molten chocolate inside
- Banana cake with caramel frosting (It was an Easter experiment dessert that turned out great!)
- Angel food cake with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream
- Ice cream cake with caramel, chocolate and nuts
So, what’s your favorite type of cake? Tell me in the comments below!
Until next time,