I love raspberries AND salads. So, I decided why not combine the two?
I’m following the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) which means no processed, store bought dressings are allowed in my kitchen. Ditto for dairy. So I whipped up an Italian vinaigrette featuring fresh, plump raspberries.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I earn a small commission if you shop through them, which helps fund this website so I can continue to bring you amazing content. All opinions are my own.
The berries break down surprisingly easy with a little shake and add a juicy, fresh flavor to your salad.
Plus, the seeds inside the berries add a little crunch that reminds me of when I could sunflower seeds or croutons on my salads. (No seeds or pre-packaged foods like croutons are allowed on the AIP!)
Here’s the simple recipe:
Chunky Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, AIP)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
1. Place all ingredients into a sealable glass jar. I used an old salsa jar because the wide mouth makes it easy to measure all the ingredients directly into the container.
2. Seal the jar and shake! The berries will break down and the ingredients will mix with a good vigorous shake for 30 seconds or so.
3. Now, drizzle the dressing over your salad!
Yes, it’s chunky. I like it that way to remind me of more traditional “thick” salad dressings. You can easily thin this out by doubling the olive oil and apple cider vinegar. If the dressing it too tart for you, add a little cold water, and shake once again!
Be sure to store any leftovers in the refrigerator and use the dressing up within a few days. Enjoy!
Until next time,
PS: Visit me on Facebook at Cupcakes and Yoga Pants!