It’s finally October! Here in the Midwest you can find pumpkins at nearly every retail business you visit, from the grocery store to the home improvement centers. So, what can you do with all those pumpkins? A lot! Here are a few ideas to kick off the season!
1. Make a homemade pie from scratch using REAL pumpkin (not from a can).
2. Paint the pumpkin. This a knife-free idea for the little ones!
3. Glue on googly eyes and draw a funny face on a pumpkin.
3. Make pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.
4. Carve a face into the pumpkin and illuminate it with a candle.
5. Place pumpkins on your front steps or porch.
6. Build a giant slingshot and catapult pumpkins across the yard.
7. Make homemade pumpkin bread or muffins.
8. Make pumpkin pie and toast the seeds.
9. Use dowel rods to secure a stack of pumpkins together into a “snowman” shape of pumpkins.
10. Set soft, overripe pumpkins outside for the birds, rabbits and squirrels to eat.
11. Put holes in a hallow pumpkin with a drill, then place a candle inside to make a luminary.
12. Use a hallowed pumpkin as a vase for a pot of mums.
13. Arrange several small and medium size pumpkins in the middle of the table as a centerpiece.
14. Glue ribbons and buttons on a pumpkin to give it a DIY country style.
What do you like to do with pumpkins during the fall? Share your tips and ideas in the comments below.
Until next time,